Senior Frontend Engineer (Vue.js / GraphQL / Browser Extension)
At Bird, we're creating software that help companies build better products. We believe the era of moving fast and breaking things is over, and the next generation of successful products are those that try to do less, but do it exceptionally well. For us, this means delivering more focused products, and paying extra attention to the quality of design, code and reliability.
We're a small team of generalists and specialists (currently at 9 people) who have a passion for products and like to work in a cross-functional way: our engineers are required to comment on early designs, while our designers understand and can jump into code. If you share our interest in building quality products and enjoy being challenged, then we'd love to hear from you.
Things you'll do
- Build video/DOM recording system system to continuously record HTML.
- Design and build the next generation virtualization environment for bug recording and reproduction.
- Create an SDK version that can be installed in customer's applications and doesn't require a browser extension to record bugs.
- Improve our product's dev console feature, e.g. building support for Source Maps , VueX, Redux, React components, Vue components, etc.
- Improve our product's network monitoring feature
- Develop integrations with 3rd party software like Jira, Github, Gitlab, Asana, Linear, etc.
Tech stack at a glance
- Web App + Browser Extension
- Vue.js + Tailwind CSS + Apollo Client
- Node.js + Fastify
- Hasura GraphQL Engine + PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud Platform, Digital Ocean
- Github (repo) + Actions (CI/CD)
- Auth0, Sentry, Segment
- You are proficient in writing code. We take into consideration multiple factors like open source or personal projects, years of experience, and your educational background.
- Excellent spoken and written english.
- We employ worldwide (with some caveats). If you are a German tax resident - we can offer full time employment. For anyone else we can only offer contract employment at this time. We are not able to provide any visa or relocation support.
- Latest software (GitHub, Slack, Notion, Linear, Figma)
- Latest MacBook Pro (or PC if you prefer), displays and accessories
- Remote working - or if you live in Berlin, work in our office whenever you feel like it
- Flexible work hours
- 30 days paid vacations